This may be a historic moment, marking the connection between the traditional digital advertising, and Web3. The technical integration is complete, and ADSHARES is currently looking for DSP partners, ready to hop on the blockchain train.
Adshares – the web3 ad tech startup, building blockchain solutions for digital advertising, has announced the integration of its blockchain with the Open Real-Time Bidding (Open RTB) protocol, a move that will enable advertisers to reach web3 and allow web3 companies to use Open RTB.
For years, the Open RTB has been the standard for digital advertising, allowing advertisers to bid on available inventory in real-time, resulting in more efficient and cost-effective ad placements.
It promised – and initially delivered – on its core promises: increased efficiency, speed, transparency, precise targeting, scale, and enhanced ROI.
But, after years, we have all seen that these initial promises were undelivered, and others simply broken.
The emergent lack of transparency and abuse in the advertising supply chain has led to fraudulent practices, such as ad fraud, and bot traffic.
The promised targeting effectiveness has turned into an invasion of users’ privacy, which has led to the downfall of consumers’ trust towards advertising, and increased ad blocking.
Web3's decentralized architecture and the use of blockchain technology can address these issues by creating a transparent and secure environment for ad transactions.
However, with the emergence of web3, Open RTB is facing new challenges that require innovative solutions.
- Efficiency. In Web3 – despite its innovative nature – advertising transactions are mostly made via personal negotiations, just like in the 90’s.
- Transparency – in theory, all ad transactions are stored in a ledger and available on block explorers – but there is no way to track all ad transactions, made over multiple chains and protocols.
- Targeting – web3 advertising systems like ADSHARES, are capable of targeting “a segment of one”, i.e. individual user wallets. This feature is simply not accessible to the current “Web2” ad servers.
- Scale – as much as RTB allows to reach a larger number of publishers and thus reach a larger audience – all of the virtual worlds, metaverses, games and web3 websites are off limits for RTB targeting capabilities.
- ROI is, if anything, harder to evaluate, as tracking and attribution systems are different.
Web3 to the rescue
And here’s where blockchain comes to the rescue:
- Increased Transparency: ADSHARES Blockchain technology provides an immutable, transparent ledger of all transactions, which can help to increase trust and transparency between advertisers and publishers. This transparency can help reduce fraud and ensure that advertisers are getting the best possible value for their ad spend.
- Decentralization: A blockchain-based RTB system like Adshares is decentralized, meaning that it is not controlled by any single entity or organization. This can help to reduce the risk of censorship and increase the overall security and resilience of the advertising ecosystem.
- Cost Reduction: By eliminating intermediaries and enabling direct, peer-to-peer ad buying and selling, a blockchain-based RTB system like Adshares can significantly reduce the costs associated with digital advertising.
- Increased Efficiency: Blockchain technology enables faster, more efficient transactions, which can help to reduce the time it takes to serve an ad and improve the overall efficiency of the advertising ecosystem.
- Better Data Management: A blockchain-based RTB system like Adshares can provide advertisers and publishers with better control over their data, as they can choose which data to share and with whom. This can help to improve data privacy and security.
Adshares' integration with Open RTB will leverage the benefits of blockchain technology to enable a more transparent and secure advertising ecosystem. Advertisers will be able to verify the authenticity of ad inventory and ensure that their ads are delivered to the intended audience, while web3 companies will have access to the efficiency and cost-effectiveness of Open RTB.
"We're excited to be integrating our blockchain protocol with Open RTB, which we believe will be a game-changer for the digital advertising industry," said Adshares CEO, Krzysztof Bochenek. "By combining the benefits of blockchain technology with the efficiency of Open RTB, we're enabling a new era of trust and transparency in digital advertising."
The integration of Adshares blockchain with Open RTB is expected to have a significant impact on the digital advertising industry, as it paves the way for a more transparent and efficient advertising ecosystem that benefits both advertisers and publishers.
The technical integration is complete, and ADSHARES is currently looking for DSP partners who are ready to hop on the blockchain train.